Delivered to the wrong address

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sixwings, Apr 22, 2010.

1. sixwings macrumors newbie

So, UPS delivered my computer to the wrong person in the wrong city, so I had to order a replacement and they are putting a rush on mine.

Is this something I can get a bit of a discount from if i raise a bit of a storm ad talk to a supervisor about? I already have the education discount.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, I'm enjoying your new Mac very much! Thank you! :D

If you really fuss about it, they might do something inexpensive, but don't expect hundreds of dollars of upgrades.

3. iViet macrumors member

So since UPS messed up, u want apple to compensate u for that? u should be happy they sent u another one with no probs!!:cool:

4. sixwings thread starter macrumors newbie

They are including a free i-sleeve or whatever those are now haha. Better than nothing I suppse.

5. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Did UPS deliver to wrong address or did Apple give UPS wrong address. Your tracking page should have the billing address that Apple gave them. If all that is correct than Apple will not do anything to soften your blow, because it is not their fault. UPS is the company that screwed up, if in fact your address is correct on the tracking page.

There is really not much Apple will do.

6. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Well that was generous of them. Usually they will only expedite your delivery after that happens. But this was your lucky day I suppose.

7. sixwings thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah this is what they said. They gave UPS the right address, UPS just sucks.

However what they did that was their fault was they told me that I could get a refund, go into any apple store with my receipt, show it to them, and they would give the education discount. So I went to the apple store and they had the one I wanted (15" HD antiglare) in stock, and they said they could not do the education discount. So I had to then re-call apple, get them to stop processing the refund, and then re-order my MBP.

That's why I got the isleeve.

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I can't tell you how many times UPS did that to me!

9. critten macrumors member

you cant use an edu discount on the custom anti-glare models in the apple store?

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

11. sixwings thread starter macrumors newbie

Apparently I can't at all. Only through the store on campus, and they don't have any in stock. Apparently the other stores aren't allowed to.

Of course the manager could have just been pulling my leg to try to get the full price, but his store was the only one in town with the HD anti-glare in stock.