Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I've only ever set 2 passwords on my Mac .

1) login password to log into the Mac.

2) Apple password.

That's it.

I haven't changed either recently, and I've verified that both passwords work by logging into my Mac and into the Apple Web site. However, I'm being prompted for a login keychain password by the Deliveries application, and it does not accept either password as valid. Which password does it want?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 23.34.03.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 23.34.03.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 206

hobowankenobi

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2015
on the land line mr. smith.
Typically, when keychain pesters, the answer is: the previous password.

Since you have not changed lately, it may be easiest to reset the keychain, which is really just deleting all the entries, and new one is created. So anything that uses keychain to save a password (or other data) as a convenience to you will have to be re-entered once, just like a new computer or user account.

Here is a good write up to try and update any old/unkown keychain PWs.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I've only ever set 2 passwords on my Mac .

1) login password to log into the Mac.

2) Apple password.

That's it.

I haven't changed either recently, and I've verified that both passwords work by logging into my Mac and into the Apple Web site. However, I'm being prompted for a login keychain password by the Deliveries application, and it does not accept either password as valid. Which password does it want?

I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling the Deliveries app 2 days ago. It stopped prompting me for my iCloud password after I re-installed it and has not prompted me since.

The mysteries of macOS apps, right? This is one of the reasons I use 1Password instead of Keychain for passwords. No mysterious behavior and if I reset my keychain, I don’t lose many passwords, if any,

hobowankenobi

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2015
on the land line mr. smith.
I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling the Deliveries app 2 days ago. It stopped prompting me for my iCloud password after I re-installed it and has not prompted me since.

The mysteries of macOS apps, right? This is one of the reasons I use 1Password instead of Keychain for passwords. No mysterious behavior and if I reset my keychain, I don’t lose many passwords, if any,

Agreed. Keychain works great. Until it doesn't.

Still, there are a handful of things it will always get users for, so good to be able to reset it, or troubleshoot/delete individual entries.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.