"Delivers" on 9-19?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nikomanz, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Nikomanz macrumors regular

Nikomanz

Hey guys,

I just pre-ordered the iPhone 6 unlocked and the Apple website told me it "Delivers" on 9-19. Anybody else bought an iPhone through Apple and actually had their handset delivered on the day?

I'm wondering cause I want to sell my current iPhone ASAP to pay off for the new one and I may have to sell it Wednesday or Thursday and I would hate to go more than half a week without my phone.

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Of course it will be delivered that day, barring an unforeseen accident with your carrier or you not being home or something like that...

Thousands of people order their handsets from Apple and get them on the day promised.

3. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

If it says that, then it will deliver on that day. That is release day, if you preordered the phone in time, and it states delivery on the 19th, then you should get it that day.

4. JokerElite macrumors regular

JokerElite

By Wednesday or Thursday they should provide you with a tracking number. When tracking, if the package is still on time for a 9/19 delivery, you should be good!

5. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Yes, that delivery date is usually met.

6. bryancee macrumors regular

I have that same date, Although I could only hope we get it a day before! LOL

7. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

It's happened in the past to other people. I'm not holding my breath. It happens to me ever.

8. bobright macrumors 601

Do you guys think it'll be met even if I ordered mine through Apple not until the evening that they went live? I had to cancel my att order and it wasn't until the evening that I ordered mine. It does say 9/19 though but is still stuck processing.

9. bryancee macrumors regular

Yeah I saw it happened to other before. I won't be holding my breath either but can hope! Lol.

10. Nikomanz thread starter macrumors regular

Nikomanz

I literally bought mine today and I went gold color just cause it still said 9/19.

But people here are saying that it's okay cause if Apple says 9/19 it's 9/19 so hopefully within 5 days we'll have our new iPhones.

----------

Yeah, you're right. I doubt it will happen this time due to its massive launch.

11. mm1250 macrumors 6502

I'm not seeing any option to order iPhone 6 contract free from Apple site that will deliver on 9/19. They all say 7 to 10 days since early AM. Which phone size/color and did you choose the Tmobile contract free?

12. Nikomanz thread starter macrumors regular

Nikomanz

I ordered mine yesterday at around 12:00 PM EST. The iPhone 6 T-Mobile 128GB Gold still delivered on 9/19 so I went with that. I guess my impatience is going to cost me $100, but I have 2 years to pay it off so why not?

I'm still trying to find ideas to fill my 128gbs of space to try to justify my purchase lol

13. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Pictures and VIdeos will use the most! My 65GB 5S has done well but the 128GB will set me free and I can carry everything with room to spare!

14. Nikomanz thread starter macrumors regular

Nikomanz

Yes, I know! I'm going to some concerts come October and I'm literally going to film the whole thing in 1080p now that I have a 128GB phone!

15. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You will find your arm getting very tired after the first few sets. It would also eat up a lot of memory, not sure how much but a good bit of memory.

16. Nikomanz thread starter macrumors regular

Nikomanz

Hopefully a good chunk so I feel the purchase was justified lol

I'm actually going to a Paul McCartney concert for the first time so I want to see if my experience isnt affected by me trying to film a good chunk of the thing. I'll probably record some of my lesser-favorite songs, and pay complete attention with the songs I love.

17. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Should be a great concert. It gives my age away but I saw the Beatles, live, long, long ago.