Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tfisher6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2019
Anyone seeing updates for delivery 10/1-10/4 yet? Hoping we get moved up to late next week.

duaneu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Bellevue, WA
It looks like in store pickup stock is very good. If I had an October delivery date, I would probably cancel the preorder and go pick one up, if you live near an Apple Store.

Reactions: Faitt

Turtle353

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
No Apple Stores near me and I will just get to enjoy checking and tracking longer. It is BS though that the preorders don’t get any precedence over walk-in stock. I may reevaluate the IUP next year. No advantage why pay more.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
I am oct1-4 as well and am strongly considering cancelling and keeping an eye on instore pickup each night once the store stock updates for the new day. I’ve had to do it in the past as well for the X and ended up with the phone 3 or 4 days after launch day.

Faitt

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
I am oct1-4 as well and am strongly considering cancelling and keeping an eye on instore pickup each night once the store stock updates for the new day. I’ve had to do it in the past as well for the X and ended up with the phone 3 or 4 days after launch day.

That's exactly what I did. I checked this morning and there was stock available nearby. Cancelled my order and made a new one for pickup at opening. Super easy.

Turtle353

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Dang yeah one available 1.5 hrs from me. Would have to cancel I guess to reserve.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
That's exactly what I did. I checked this morning and there was stock available nearby. Cancelled my order and made a new one for pickup at opening. Super easy.

Yep, ended up doing the same. Saw stock down the street this morning on the checkout screen and ended up canceling the online order. Typing this now from my green 11 Pro Max 256GB!
Cancel your orders folks, there’s a near 100 percent chance you can get a phone as early as tomorrow or Monday by keeping an eye on stock around 8am each morning.

M1k399

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2019
Mine just updated delivery 9/30 according to UPS, 10/2 still according to Apple. Original 10/1-10/4 delivery of 256 Pro Max MG.

tfisher6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2019
Mine is still "preparing to ship". No update in delivery and nothing when looking on UPS either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.