Delivery date for the X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snarlz, Sep 14, 2017.

1. snarlz macrumors 6502

snarlz

Ok we can't all get that order in at the crucial time, how far do you think delivery will slip?

2. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

No one knows. My guess is the if you do t get your order within the first hours of pre orders you will probably won't get it until next year

Then again I can be totally wrong.

3. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502a

AlphaGuitarist

Considering that the release date is November 3, I'd guess that the delivery will slip into January-February 2018 within 30 minutes, if not less. Unless, of course, the reason for the delayed launch is that Apple is building stockpiles of the X. Wishful thinking.

4. Tom2893 macrumors 6502

Tom2893

I was thinking this, lets hope! I don't know what I'll do if my preorder goes to next year

5. Koobs macrumors 6502

Koobs

My guess it'll take 1-2 minutes after it goes online for that to happen

6. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

who knows they may surprise and be able to order without issues.

7. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502a

AlphaGuitarist

This is exactly why I will be up at 2:45 am on October 27. I already saved my configuration of choice into the Apple Store app. If everything goes according to plan, I hope to be checked out in less than a minute.

8. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

I will be ordering through EE..will be interesting how much the mobile carriers will get stock wise

9. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

What do you mean by saved your configuration of choice? Are you able to go through the process of choosing color, carrier and storage and save it ahead of time?

10. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

Yea just do it and favorite it in the Apple Store app by selecting the heart in the upper right corner after u select everything, once u reach the payment screen the heart will appear.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 14, 2017 ---
    It would be awful to get a shipment delay on an already brutal 6-8 week wait

11. leesweet macrumors 65816

leesweet

Thinking of getting the 8 plus between the combination of the already 6 week delay and then the possibility of weeks more because of supply. Then where are we for next year's cycle? Complete disaster. :D

12. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502a

AlphaGuitarist

Dirtydutch beat me to it! Hopefully, this method will help us to beat the rush and secure our orders.

13. slippery-pete macrumors 65832

slippery-pete

Just a guess, I would bet if you get your order in the first 10-15 minutes you'll be good.

14. tongefactor40 macrumors regular

Yeah I am definitely afraid of something like that happening.

I think the sales figures for the 8/Plus will be a good indicator of what we could expect for the X. If a crap ton of people jump on the 8 tonight it would make me think people are shying away from the X a little bit.

Price point on the X could mean there are plenty left over for the first hour at least during pre-order. Throw in tax, a new case, accessories, upgrade to 256gb and you could end up paying 1,500, the cost of a really good laptop. That is a huge deal for a lot of people.

15. Tom2893 macrumors 6502

Tom2893

Yeah my config is saved to favourites and I can use Touch ID to check out hopefully

16. DNichter macrumors G3

DNichter

We really have no idea. With the push back of the release date, maybe that gives them enough time to ramp up production? They obviously did it for a reason. I expect release date deliveries for the first 30 minutes of ordering, maybe 1-2 weeks for the next 4-6 hours. A month out for anything same day. Probably after Christmas for anything after that.

17. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Any way to save a default quantity of 2 in your favorites?

18. Nozuka macrumors 68020

i expect the same. i think even a few configurations of the iphone 7 slipped after just a few minutes and that wasn't even an exciting upgrade.

this is the first time in a long time the iphone looks almost completely different. the servers might not even be able to handle it. don't be surprised if you'll get alot of errors or timeouts before you finally get an order through.

19. BrodieApple macrumors 6502

BrodieApple

did you just save it to your favourites or something as mine wont let me put it in my bag

20. AlphaGuitarist macrumors 6502a

AlphaGuitarist

That's exactly what I did. After selecting all your options, touch the heart icon in the upper right hand corner of the Apple Store app. It will then save to your favorites, which should make it easier to check out in a few seconds when the preorder goes up.

21. tongefactor40 macrumors regular

Yeah it was quick, but not too bad on the normal-colored 7 phones. That jet black one disappeared right away.

22. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

10 to 15 minutes seems rather long, I would say within under five minutes or less to get your pre-order in if you want an earlier delivery date. There is a lot of demand penting up for this iPhone X launch.