Delivery date?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by SpitUK, Apr 6, 2015.

1. SpitUK macrumors 6502

I have never ordered a new Mac on release day before. When I order online on Friday when will I get it?

I am in the UK.

2. keviig macrumors 6502

Wondering the same. Ordering online since Apple has no physical stores here in Norway. My guess based on earlier experiences is roughly a week after ordering, with shipping. Will vary from country to country though.

3. KrisLord macrumors 6502a

I'm expecting Monday deliveries. The day I fly to Greece :( so my wife gets to use it til I get back!

4. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I'm hoping to get mine by the 17th. I'm in the US and will order on the 10th and am doing the BTO for the 1.3GHz processor. It's never taken more than a week for me to get a BTO Mac delivered.

5. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

The problem is that they are launching on Friday... in the past, I've ordered a ton of CTO macbook air, and looking through past orders, when I order on a Friday, it usually ships on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday following, and almost always delivers the following Friday, Monday, or Tuesday. Most common is the monday following. So I wouldn't count on the 17th. And I'm on the west coast big city so it's usually a little quicker than they quote via FedEx.com

6. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Very good points, didn't think about the whole Friday thing.

7. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

It's really weird how the Apple ordering system works. They build them 24\7\365, but the speed bump in the process seems to be getting it through the process of submitting the order to Apple, then them transferring the order through to their manufacturers to build, and I think that's why on the weekend the process slows.

I'll never forget one time when I ordered a laptop, and I got antsy and emailed sjobs@apple.com and whined about how slow Apple was to take 8 days to get my computer, and he replied with one of his normal short responses "I have to disagree, I think it's actually pretty impressive you can order a custom built computer and have it within a week!" ... insert foot in mouth.

8. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Haha, that's funny. But maybe they could actually have the 1.3GHz models ready? This is kind of a different BTO compared to other Mac models. I wouldn't doubt it if they had 1.3GHz models ready to go, especially with lack of pre-orders.

As long as I get it by the 20th or so then I'm fine.

----------

Also, in your experience, is it worth it to pay for expedited shipping? I've never done it on a BTO Mac, but I've never been in a hurry like this. I know it never made a difference when pre-ordering iOS devices, but I always noticed the shipping estimates for BTO Macs was 1-2 days earlier. So maybe I'll do it.

9. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

My guess is they'll have the 1.3s in select stores, just like they did with the MB Air... I would bet that you won't find a 1.3\256 in any store though, it just wouldn't make sense to stock it.

10. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I'm after 1.3/512 anyway. I'll just order online on Friday as soon as the store opens back up.

11. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

I've had expedited and not expedited, and when they come from China they seem to ship with the same timing... so not sure if maybe during peak build periods it prioritizes the actual build, but in my experience it's never made a difference. You can always place the order with it and then call customer relations and ask them to credit it off, they always do, I think because they know it's a BS charge on a CTO coming from China, haha

----------

Oh yeah, you should be able to find that in stores I bet. The tricky part is in the past they've sold the base, and the "ultimate" in stores. Since they've always been one color, it was easier to find models... but now with three colors, 2 skus per color, and then all the CTO configs, you may have to call around. I live in the bay area so have like 15 stores within 30 mins.... so that makes it easier... but then again, if you get antsy, order it, because if you order it CTO, then go into the store Friday AM and they have it, you'll still have time to cancel the online order.

12. newellj macrumors 601

Great story, but...I agree that these CTOs are not a deep mystery nor is there a lot of variety...they should just have them basically in stock... :rolleyes:

13. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Right, you can think that all you want, but I'd bet money you're wrong. They have only had the base and the "ultimate" in very, VERY limited quantities are only a few select stores when new laptops have come out in the past. But hey, keep trashing my experience in favor of your hopes. That mentality got us a winner of a President that the world highly respects. LOL

14. newellj macrumors 601

Can I get a Nobel prize before I get the computer? :rolleyes: Pricing options are posted in another thread. Steeper than I'd thought.

15. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

How did they find the pricing page? I can't get there.

16. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I'm not sure. pasadena found it. Not sure how.

17. Fireball Dragon macrumors 6502a

Fireball Dragon

I was expecting pre-orders to open on Wednesday, with delivery by Friday for launch day.

18. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

Because I'm good like that :)

19. newellj macrumors 601

The Force is strong with this one. :eek:

20. artivideo.nl macrumors 6502

artivideo.nl

I think that Friday april the 10th the new rMB12 will not be demo-ed in the Dutch stores so you can try them. Even the updated rMBpro13 is still not displayed in the stores (you can buy them but you can not try them).

21. Geert76 macrumors 65816

here is a link from the Dutch Apple Press release:

https://www.apple.com/nl/pr/library/2015/03/09Apple-Unveils-All-New-MacBook.html

So I think we will see the rMB this friday in Stores here in the Netherlands

22. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

You think? That would be very unusual for Apple to update the Online Store on any day aside from a Tuesday or Friday.

23. newellj macrumors 601

...which usually takes the whole store site down, IIRC. They're already scheduled to do that Friday for the Watch. It would be a surprise if they'd do it twice this week (but a nice one for lots of people).

24. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Precisely. Not sure why people throw logic and history out the window when it comes to speculation just because they want something. In the last 7 years Apple has never done a pre-sale, or on-sale aside from on a Tuesday or a Friday. I am not sure what would compel someone to think this would be any different. I wish they'd release it and offer a free cable with it, but just because I want it doesn't mean it's going to happen. LOL

25. artivideo.nl macrumors 6502

artivideo.nl

yes they said at the keynotes as well that the updated rMBpro13 was immediately available and to be honest it is but you can not find any show models to try in the stores (Dixons, Amac etc).