Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Burch

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
I ordered my Personalized 16gb iPad at March 9th around 5:30 in -6 Central time. It says will be shipped on March 19th and delivers March 26. Will it actually be shipped then or is there a way to change my shipping so it arrives sooner?

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
I ordered my Personalized 16gb iPad at March 9th around 5:30 in -6 Central time. It says will be shipped on March 19th and delivers March 26. Will it actually be shipped then or is there a way to change my shipping so it arrives sooner?

I ordered mine on the 9th as well around 2:00pm. I didn't get the personalized one. Mine is already on a FedEx truck in PA to be delivered on the "13th" which will turn into the 16th. My guess is that yours will take longer as it hast to be engraved so don't expect it early.

aross99

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2006
East Lansing, MI
The personalization options always delay things. The iPads are personalized in the factory in China, and then shipped here.

Many of the iPads that are shipping for delivery on the 16th seem to already be here in the USA...

Zackmd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2010
Maryland US
The personalization options always delay things. The iPads are personalized in the factory in China, and then shipped here.

Many of the iPads that are shipping for delivery on the 16th seem to already be here in the USA...

Exactly my iPad originated in Middletown PA. Must be a apple warehouse there.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

Makes me wonder how many of those not yet shipped (processing or preparing for) are to be delivered to places close to one of the depots?

With the 4S, I ordered at 6am on Oct 7th and never got a shipping notice until Tuesday the 11th. It was delivered on the 14th as expected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.