Delivery new MBP 15' to Apple Store in the US

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by baargeld, Nov 7, 2016.

1. baargeld macrumors newbie

Hi!

I'm going to be in Oregon in December (luckily, a state with no tax) visiting from the UK.
    As the price difference is immense, I wanted to buy my Macbook 15' with Touchbar while I'm there.

I presume they wont be readily available in shelves at this time, but even when I pre-order them now I can't seem to select the option to get them delivered in store?

It's hard to predict when exactly they will arrive, so it might be a few days before I'm actually in the country.
    That's why I wanted to get them delivered to a location where it'll be stored for me (ideally the Apple Store).

Is this not always possible?
    Any other tips/ideas how and where I could get them delivered?
    I want to order from Apple directly due to the students discount, not to a Third Party Reseller, if possible.

Thanks!

2. baargeld thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone experience? When does the 'Deliver to store' option usually show up?
    In Europe, you can already select it as far as i know?

3. Frost17 macrumors regular

On new products such as the iPhone, in-store pickup is not possible immediately. I highly doubt you will have problems buying one in December at an Apple Store.

The pick up in store option shows up when there are enough stock in store to be put aside for walk-in customers and online customers.

4. UnluckyXIII macrumors 6502

Order it to your hotel, I've done this when staying in Vegas with the MGM Grand and it was no problem, I contacted the hotel and made them aware that something would be arriving a few days before my scheduled stay. When I came to check-in the concierge said that my reservation has a note against it stating that a package had arrived for me and that this would be delivered to my room once I checked in. I got up to my room and within 30 mins I received a phone call to inform me that a member of the hotel staff was on their way up to deliver the package, simple, easy, painless!