Delivery of 2.93GHZ Macbook Pro (UK)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by khakilad, Mar 25, 2009.

1. khakilad macrumors member

Hey,

just thought I would say that I have just received my new Macbook Pro, 2.93 ,4Gb and it is simply amazing. I've installed my 500gb 7200 rpm drive and both are whisper quiet! I'm sure it's not as fast as an SSD drive but it worth upgrading!

Although the laptop is a bit heavier than my Macbook, it has definitely been work it.

one thing though, the edges on the bottom are a bit sharper than that of the Macbook's but I'll get used to it!

2. TheSVD macrumors 6502a

TheSVD

well done mate :)
    what drive did you install can i ask? :D

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

congratulations. and i 2nd to know which hdd you put in?

4. golfhero macrumors member

Nice. I have the same setup in a 15" and it is awesome. There is only one vendor right now for a 2.5" 500gb 7200 RPM drive right now - Seagate. I'm happy with mine...

5. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

huh didnt know that. the other's cant be far behind tho.

6. golfhero macrumors member

Yeah - I would have expected at least WD would already have something on the market. Agree it won't be long... Seems like the Seagate drives are selling well - still hard to find any 7200RPM 500gb drives in stock...

7. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i know i went to 4 different stores looking for one a couple days ago and they were all sold out.

8. khakilad thread starter macrumors member

I've installed the 500gb Seagate drive. Seems quick and no noise what so ever.

Happy I upgrade from my Alum Macbook; although I think I now want the 24 inch LED!

9. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

definitely get the 24" ACD. it is an absolutely amazing monitor that was made for this computer.

10. khakilad thread starter macrumors member

Funny Noise from MBP

Hey everyone,

thanks for the replies. Just to keep you informed, I've received my Apple 24 LED screen and it is simply amazing.

One thing though; does anyone know what the noise is that comes from just next to the USB ports on the left hand side of the Macbook Pro when you are charging it.

It sounds like "mice" scurrying about. It only lasts a few seconds and then goes away. only seems to be when the Mac is charging.

just wondered if anyone else had noticed this?

the 500Gb Seagate Drive I fitted is fantastic and would recommend anyone to purchase one.

Regards

11. yegon macrumors 68020

Bizarre! Not had that noise myself. Enjoy the ACD, it's a wonderful combo innit?! :)

12. khakilad thread starter macrumors member

Its fantastic!

The display is worth every penny/ or alot of pounds lol. My partner who has inherited my Macbook is looking to buy the screen for his Macbook!

I can't wait for the Snow ( Leopard)

13. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

the sound may be from the power supply. i dont have that problem but if its annoying definitely call apple or visit a store.