Delivery of Macbook pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sossity, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I am about to purchase a MBP soon, & am concerned about delivery. My neighborhood is not the best, for example someone just recently came out of their house & found all 4 tires of their truck missing, so there is thievery in my area. That said, is there any way to arrange through the apple online store to pick up my computer at my local post office or UPS store? as opposed to having left on my porch or risk missing the fedex delivery & signing for delivery. I dont have alot of time to spend sitting & waiting for it to arrive at my home.

2. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

What I do is have things delivered to my office so I know someone can sign for it and I can just take it home with me. If you can't do that, I would see about getting a PO box to send to, or even just going to an Apple store and see if they will let you custom order it there.

3. Readinglevelup macrumors member

Readinglevelup

All I have to say is that it's good being cautious. I ordered a mbp this week and I got my printer yesterday (still waiting for mbp + ipod). Turns out the delivery man went to the wrong house. He went to a house a couple doors down and across the street from my house. I was just lucky that it ended up at my aunts house and I picked it up. Hopefully next time they don't mess up.

4. dcoux09 macrumors member

Just got mine. If you don't sign for it, FedEx gives you the option of picking it up at their warehouse that day after 5:30. I did that when my MBP came in and it was fine.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I believe you have to sign for it, meaning there is little risk of it being stolen off the porch. If you miss the delivery you usually can pick it up at their local depot.

6. harodude macrumors regular

You're best off either being there (or having someone there to sign) or have them leave an infonotice (UPS)/ Doortag (FedEx). Once that has occurred, you can make a visit to the local depot to pick up the Package *MBP*. Be sure to bring your Drivers License as it is simplest verification of ID.

Good Luck, and enjoy your new machine!

7. EasyJW macrumors member

well my neighbourhood is safe, but I picked my iPad up from the fedex depot rather then them getting it delivered to mine, if you call your courier with your tracking number and some proof of it being your package, im sure they will help arrange a pick up or something for you [​IMG]

8. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Anyone know if Fedex Express Delivers on Saturdays?