Delivery of MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DHT, Jul 5, 2010.

1. DHT macrumors newbie

Hello MR,

Sorry to create a thread over something so petty, but I need an answer from a reliable source.

It says below that I can expect my delivery today. However, it estimates delivery to be next week. I need to go out today, but obviously I don't want to leave and find out I missed my shiny white box.

It's difficult to judge how accurate this schedule is considering it has 2 different dates and no tracking number.

Thanks for any help, chaps.

[​IMG]

2. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

I don't see where it says you will get it today. If you are looking at July 5th it doesn't say it is going to be delivered it just says it is in transit. July 13th is your delivery date.

3. DHT thread starter macrumors newbie

It's said July 5th since the 1st. Do they just put arbitrary dates up to confuse people?

This is shocking service from Apple. I expected a little class, but if they can't keep customer's informed, I guess they can forget it.

Cancelled.

4. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

:eek: Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

ESTIMATED DATE OF DELIVERY : JULY 13TH

What else do you need? Don't expect the package until then? Such a cry baby.

5. rymack macrumors regular

rymack

I think those dates under "Date" just refer to when those particular updates were made to your order status. I know it's hard to take when you want your order so badly, but when I worked in retail and dealt with customer orders, most people would just see a date and stick with that as the word of God, without looking at anything else to indicate what the date actually refers to. For example "Usually ships in 24 hours" means exactly that, that the item will most likely ship from the warehouse within 24 hours. It doesn't mean that you will get your item within 24 hours. So in your case, July 5th refers to when a status change was made to your order. Nothing to do with Apple's service...

6. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

Ummm, why did you cancel? Im pretty sure thats not Apple's fault. It should be your carriers fault...

And how can you cancel after it ships? I thought you cant do that...

7. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Lol I'm guessing he is going to refuse the package once it comes. Then order it again. LOL...Then get confused again then cancel.

8. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

They don't put arbitrary dates to confuse people... although that seems like the perfect explanation.

Perhaps it's a glitch, the system isn't perfect. BTO/CTOs are known to have delays all the time, I have no clue why, but it happens, a lot. If you are truly concerned call Apple.