Delivery Time

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PrinceDraven, May 27, 2008.

1. PrinceDraven macrumors regular

Hi,

I am a complete Mac Virgin.
    I have used PC's for ever, and have finally had enough.
    Yesterday ordered a top of the range Imac, with max processor, max memory (I know i paid slightly over the odds, but thought for the sake of £50 would like it to all come together and covered by Apple) and max Harddrive (1TB).

My question is regards to the delivery time for it.
    The website says that it should ship 29/05 - Thursday, and should be delivered between 06/06 and 09/06, how does that work????
    They can configure it and pack it and have it sent in 2 working days, but the courier takes over a week???

Am i missing something? And will the date get more specific as i get nearer delivery?

p.s. can't wait for it to arrive now!

:)

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Its really hit and miss, I've had Macs appear on the day predicted, and a week before.

3. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

That's pretty much how it worked for me - I ordered on 28th April, it shipped on 1 May and was delivered on 8th May. The estimated dates on the tracking site were pretty accurate for me.

4. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Once it has shipped it usually takes up to a week. They are shipped from China and the customs bit holds it up slightly. In the end from the notification I got from Apple stating it has shipped it was delivered in 6 days to Spain. It will be really worth the wait!

Here is the journey mine took: My iMac tracking

5. PrinceDraven thread starter macrumors regular

ahhh

Didn't realise they were shipped from China!
    I would have thought that they would have somewhere in the UK.

That explains it a bit! :)

One other quick question, I have tons of photo's which i plan to move off of my PC and onto my IMac, is there any foolproof way to ensure i do not lose the file information (date the photo was taken, specifically!), I recal previously copying some photos which then ended up with a datestamp of the day that i copied them, obviously this would be a nightmare (years and years of photos to copy).

Thanks for all your help.