Delivery times MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by adamtj11, Jul 25, 2011.

1. adamtj11 macrumors 6502

Just wondering because it doesn't add up , Apple are saying since 8pm this evening that its out for delivery, with estimate of 26th July for delivery, UPS have started moving it from Tamworth, UK to Castle Donnington, UK , so how could apple be saying out for delivery already? I understand it will probably be moved from UK to Dublin now as it had an export scan at half 11, I have ups express shipping (I didn't pay for it must of got lucky somewhere) maybe thats why they are saying out for delivery? really need some clearance I'm going bonkers waiting for this thing to arrive :eek:

2. adamtj11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay i don't know if anyone is reading, but anyone who bought Airs from education store did your app store gift card come with the air or separate?

3. rchip macrumors regular

Hey! I appears we're are in the same boat! I've ordered a macbook air that says it's going to be delivered 26 July as well! I've also ordered it through the education store with the £65 voucher! Now, mine says out for delivery but unfortunately I didn't get lucky like you and mine is being delivered via walsh western which is supposed to be awful so I'm resigned to them not even turning up although my package says it's out for delivery!

The apple rep on the phone said the £65 voucher will arrive separately but on the order summary it says `itmes included in delivery` and mentions the £65 voucher! So I'm not sure!

Just noticed you posted this yesterday, has it arrived yet!?!?

4. adamtj11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope I rang UPS head office in Dublin and they said more than likely ill get the voucher today and the MBA tomorrow, because apparently the MBA didn't make it on the plane that my voucher did, and although Apple are saying they are both out for delivery, when I track the 2 parts of the shipment separately, I can see that one is in Dublin and the other just says departing Tamworth at 4am this morning, so unless it was moved to Dublin from there and just not updated on the UPS website and is with the other part of the shipment(voucher) perhaps they have just combined the 2 for one scan, or UPS are wrong and both are together then id say it'll be tomorrow. :( was really set on getting it today at some stage! Hope both of ours arrive:D

Did you get upgraded to special express shipping by any chance?

Hope you get yours

5. rchip macrumors regular

Nope just the standard shipping, hah why are things so complicated!? I'm literally looking out window everytime I hear anything that sounds like a car. Ah I only have one tracking number as opposed to two, we should probably just chill out and our macbook airs will arrive problem free! I'm probably tempting fate checking on my order so much :rolleyes:

6. FNi macrumors member

Out of curiosity, what configuration did you order and when did you order it?

I'm trying to figure out how these dates work and if it's just luck-of-the-draw. As I mentioned in the MBA UK thread, I ordered an 11" ultimate on the 20th and my delivery date isn't until the middle of next week (it only shipped yesterday too).

Just wondering how yours is already in the UK.

7. adamtj11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mines one of the stock MBA's so shipped In 24 hours and then outta no where was upgraded to express delivery , if you customized that's probably the reason

8. adamtj11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ha I know I've hit the refresh button hundreds of times alone today and even checking it on my iPhone when I'm away from the computer!!! The best things come to those who wait :D

9. rchip macrumors regular

Mine is stock 13inch 128gb model, I only ordered it on the 24th which was Sunday. Maybe it was because I didn't opt for any upgrades? I ordered it with a printer as well, I doubt that has anything to do with it but just thought i'd mention it!

OH MY!

As I was typing it has arrived! I'll report back with what was included, time to unbox!

10. adamtj11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Enjoy Mate hopefully I'll have your luck soon!

11. rchip macrumors regular

I'm corssing my fingers for you, hopefully it wont be too long now! it was a great feeling when i saw the van pull up!

Okay,

The £65 gift card card has arrived at the same time, the mba, the printer and gift card were all delivered as separate parcels but all tracked by the one order number and arrived in the same delivery and that was with Walsh Western.

I've just unboxed it now! It looks great, I've not switched it on yet I'm just waiting for it to charge up :)

This is my first mac, I got an Iphone 4 last year and it was so much better than every phone I've ever had with respect of actually using the features on the phone, I decided switching to a mac would be the next step in happiness! Hence this is why this is the first thread I'm posting in, I should be sticking around now as I have a mac!

12. adamtj11 thread starter macrumors 6502

The best part is the first boot up! :) Yeah normally when I've ordered a Mac before they deliver at about 3-6 so unless theres a change still a bit of waiting to go, I'm suspecting it'll be today for the voucher and tomorrow for the main event but that isn't too far away!

13. adamtj11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well UPS came and delivered my gift card but no Macbook Air till tomorrow, oh well at least its only a small wait!

14. rchip macrumors regular

My god I've had to worst day ever (hah this is an exageration)

My air's speakers sounded awful, I called apple they say `no problem, you can even take it to a store for a replacement` so i think okay great, i even double check with the guy that this is definitley possible before i make the journey.

Get to the store, they tell me i can't get a replacement as it was ordered on the phone. I fully believe the store, the manager was very apologetic and even called up someone else to see if there was anyway they could do it but they said it's not possible. I had so much hassel then on the phone to apple whilst in the store, I'm not one to complain but the service really was : (

I ended up buying another macbook air (with the £48 student applecare) from the store and my old one is being picked up for a refund, so now I have two airs for a little bit.

I haven't tried the new one yet ... i hope it isn't the same! There was a horrible zing to vocals and speach and what sounded like speaker distortion say 75% volume pluse. I will report back with my findings, especially as I have both mba's with me at the moment.

15. rchip macrumors regular

hello again! i can confirm that the speakers on the one i had this morning were defective, these speakers sound good at all volumes, before there was a think metallic hiss to the sound!

16. adamtj11 thread starter macrumors 6502

God thats a series of unfortunate events! happens occasionally though! one of my friends once got a mac mini with no battery in it! other than that it was grand. Cant wait till tomorrow now , the sound from my sisters 2010 one is crystal clear so must of been defective, least you have a store to go to there!

17. webitorgal macrumors regular

webitorgal

I think shipping times depend. I'm in Canada, bought a 13" MBA with a 256 drive on Saturday. The original estimated shipping date was end of this week, but I just got an email saying that I'll get it early next week. I guess a lot of people want 13" MBAs.

18. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I ordered my MBA also on Saturday. I got the confirmation from Apple saying it would be delivered on the 2nd, but then the UPS tracking says it'll be delivered on the 29th. Don't really know what to think now, but hopefully it is Friday!