Dell 1355 CNW Lazer printer & 2011 imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Muttley59, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Muttley59 macrumors newbie

Muttley59

Hi peeps

I purchased the Dell 1355 CNW on the advice of a friend as it seemed like a good option for the type of printing I do

My problems are compatibility with the iMac 27inch running Mountain Lion 10.8.3 ... I have to admit I didn't do any research before buying but thought by todays standards there wouldn't be a problem :eek:

1 I spoke to Dell tech suport to be told it would with 10.8 but not with 10.8.3 :eek:

2 I spoke with Apple tech support but they said unless i was prepared to unbox the printer and connect to the iMac they couldn't help me and as soon as I break the seal on the box my right to return ceases to exist :eek:

So I am asking is there anyone out there using this printer on a iMac running 10.8.3 Mountain Lion as I would rather get dome sort of confirmation that I can use the full functionality of this printer as I cant see that much difference between 10.8 and 10.8.3 and even the senior Apple tech guy said there wasn't that much changed from 10.8 to 10.8.3.

Any help would be much appreciated or even a better option on choice of laser printer .... the Dell guy recommend the Dell C1765nf but this doesn't have such a good review as the Dell 1355 CNW plus I wouldn't get such a good deal as i did with the Dell 1355 CNW

Cheers

Dave

2. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

have you tried connecting your printer to your Mac yet?
    Their speculation is only as good as the ones here unless you have actually connected it.

Macs are fairly easy to set up with all types of printers. If the dell doesnt work out, return it. Borther and HP laser printers are some of the best ive used.

3. Muttley59 thread starter macrumors newbie

Muttley59

Sorry but as said in post if I open the box I can't return it so was hoping there might be someone on here using the same O.S and printer .... long shot I know but had to try but have a feeling it will be going back as there is doubt that it will function properly and not prepared to take that chance as the supplier has already told me if it is opened and used I cant return it but thanks for your comment :)

4. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

There shouldn't be a problem as the Mac is pretty flexible with printing. I'm still printing a a 7+ year old Dell 3100cn. Scanning could be the issue though. I'll never buy a HP printer/scanner again as every time there is even a minor OS update it seems to cause stability issues with the scanning software.

If you have any doubt than return it now while you can, as your supplier doesn't seem to have a good return policy. What if the printer itself doesn't work or has another issue? Too bad since you opened it??? Shouldn't be a different policy dependent on wether the hardware or software doesn't work.