Dell 1704FPV (and others) question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Pass2Yao, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. Pass2Yao macrumors member

    Aug 26, 2004
    Avondale Estates, GA
    Hey everyone. Just have a quick question for those of you who have one of these dell ultrasharp series monitors. I love mine, and have it paired to a rev c, 1.33 12" pb. My question is: how do you utilize the vertical display? I know you can swivel the monitor 90 degrees to vertical, but how do you make the display vertical? Is there something for my video card that I have to download? Anyway, just thought I'd ask. Thanks.
  2. ravenvii macrumors 604


    Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    You need drivers for that, and Dell doesn't officially support Macs, so you'te outta luck.

    OT, does the monitor have video-out inputs another than DVI/VGA? (like S-Video, Composite, etc)? I'm thinking of getting the 2005FPW, but I'm worried it's too extravagant for a dorm room, and would tempt thieves. :(
  3. plinden macrumors 68040


    Apr 8, 2004
    It has only VGA and DVI inputs.

Share This Page