Dell 2005FPW Stand

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GoCubsGo, Jun 1, 2007.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I had my Dell 2005FPW wall mounted for about 7 months. A recent move to a new room forces me to remove it from the wall and put it back on the stand. However, for some reason the damn thing wouldn't latch on the bottom of the stand. If you have the monitor and bought it new or in it's original packaging you'll know what I mean. It's where the LCD latches onto the stand...

That said, I called Dell and things went as planned.
    30 minutes explaining that I didn't have a Dell PC and therefore couldn't offer some random express code.
    10 minutes asking him to stop calling me sir and call me Jessica, Ma'am, or Bitch...I'd settle.
    1 hour of random holding in between 30 minutes of further discussion on how to troubleshoot my LCD not staying on the stand issue.

In the end, FedEx dropped off a 2005FPW. It says in very tiny print on the side that it is refurb. Whatever. The question is I like the 2005 better than the 2007 and I'd love to see if I cannot fix my 2005FPW. Would anyone know if I am just being silly and not putting the LCD panel back on right? The button seems to function and the pieces all move so what's up? Any thoughts?

2. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Not the post you're looking for, but... do you now have two 2005FPWs? :eek:

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

They gave you a new 2005 FPW because you couldn't reattach your LCD to a stand? Why didn't they just try giving you a new stand!?!?!?!

4. furious macrumors 65816

furious

So this is why they had to sack 8000 workers. :p