Dell 20in widescreen or two 17's

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I need a new monitor, and i would be getting a new video card anyways. I was going to get a dell 20 inch widescreen, for 486 shipped, but then i thought, why not just get two 17's?

Wouldnt two 17's be better than one 20 if its the same price?
How could i hook this up to my computer? I want dvi.
There has to be some reason why people dont do this, so thats why i am asking here.
I dont play games, just do a little photoshop, lots of internet.

supergod

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
Toronto
Really matters what you're using it for. If you're using any pro app, than two 17s would probably be cool, but then again I use Logic and it is perfect on my 20" widescreen Dell. I would recommend the 20" because for most everday stuff it will be more enjoyable to use, it's better for watching movies and such and it saves a lot of space as far as wiring and clutter. It's just a really good deal.

Comment

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
well, for movies, its not a big deal because i have it going threw svideo to my tv. But is it annoying using two monitors all the time??

Comment

macbaseball

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2005
Northern California
In my opinion it is, but I haven't used dual monitors extensively, so my opinion doesn't really count. I think it would be helpful if you were doing professional levels tasks, but for just surfing the web, your probably better of getting the 20.

Comment

Toreador93

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2003
I'll just repeat what's been already said.

If you can see yourself using the two monitors for some kind of pro-tool, many hours a day, most days a week, it would be worth it.

Under any other circumstances, you'd probably enjoy a 20" widescreen more.

Take a look at THIS to see how I use my widescreen.

Yes, that's a start button in the corner :(

Comment

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Toreador93 said:
I'll just repeat what's been already said.

If you can see yourself using the two monitors for some kind of pro-tool, many hours a day, most days a week, it would be worth it.

Under any other circumstances, you'd probably enjoy a 20" widescreen more.

Take a look at THIS to see how I use my widescreen.

Yes, that's a start button in the corner :(
Winblows soudn't be able to load Macrumors, or maybe it's the other way round.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.