Dell 2209WA Colour Profiles

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Shaun.P, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

I've had the Dell 2209WA 22" monitor for months now, and I've never got around to changing the contrast, brightness and sharpness (as I don't know what looks best) and I just have a standard colour profile loaded on my MacBook Pro for it.

I've heard this is a brilliant monitor when calibrated correctly. Unfortunately I don't know how to do this.
    I was wondering if someone people could post their calibrated colour profiles that they use for this monitor?

Do all of these monitors have the same panel? So if I download your colour profile it'll look the exact same on my Dell 2209WA monitor as it does on yours?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. All settings on the monitor itself are on the default setting.

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

go on the internet and find out the preferred settings for it. google it.

3. Shaun.P thread starter macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

I already have. People post their gamma and colour settings (percentage of red etc) but I am unsure how to apply this to the monitor in the form of a colour profile.

Many people have calibrated theirs using Spyder but this appears to cost £100 and I can't justify that to use on one monitor, once. I do not need the colours to appear professional - I'd simply like to get more out of my monitor.

I know a lot of people on here have this monitor, and I was hoping they'd be willing to post their profile.

4. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

There should be a button on the monitor that allows u to adjust things like red level etc. Try combing a bit through that manual.