Dell 2209wa views...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mr.Noisy, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

I know a while back a few of you bought the Dell 22" 2209wa monitor, I'm looking at getting one, so I was wondering what life has been like with the 2209 and was it really a good purchase, I ve read some reviews that indicate it's good, but thought actual users with one hooked up to a mac would be the best feedback i could get ;)

thanks for taking time guys :)

2. nutritious macrumors 6502

there's a huge thread about this monitor on hardforum, and everyone seems to love it. IPS display and cheap. There's no reason not to use it with a mac.

3. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Yeah, hard to beat the same display for a much, much lower price than the apples. ;)

4. Mr.Noisy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

yeah, i know about that thread bartelby, But this ones aimed at the handfull of Mac users that actually bought the 2209wa it a while back, i know a few iMac and Mac Pro users grabbed one or two, just wanted to see what their views are now, after living with the display(s) a while, are they still happy with it(them), was it worth the investment ect ect,

5. 929406 macrumors regular

very happy with mine, hooked up to a 2008 MBP through direct DVI connection. I think it is great value monitor! I would not say it is better than my 23 ACD but close and considering the price difference hard to beat. Plus it has more adjustment options....definitely get one if your on the fence!