Dell 24" and Macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Macnoviz, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Macnoviz macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

Hi, I'm considering the Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP, for use with my rev A Macbook. I was wondering wether there is anything I should think about, and especially wondering wether the GMA 950 can cope with a dual-screen set up of 1280x800 + 1920x1200. Does any one have any experience with a macbook and similar screen set up? I was finally also wondering wether I could use my macbook to play 1080 hd content on the the external screen. I does run smoothly on my macbook screen, but I don't know about external screens. I do hope de integrated graphics can cope with all that. (keep in mind I have the first version of the macbook, not the one with X1300 graphics)

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

1920 x 1200 runs smoothly on the Mac mini. HD playback is CPU bound so the video card doesn't matter much. ;)

3. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

This is the exact monitor I use with my MBP. It's nice. I love mine. :cool: Just so you know the pixel density of the dell display differs from that of the MBP (And the MB i think). So windows won't look the same size when transitioning from one display to another. Just so you know...

4. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

I have a current MacBook running on a 23 inch ACD...and I've had no issue. I run 720p video on mine all the time w/o a slow down. Then again, I have 4GB of RAM, so I don't know if my experience is comparable.