Dell 24" USB / Card-reader problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mrbard, Apr 15, 2007.

1. mrbard macrumors newbie

Hi!
    I was wondering if I'm the only one who's having troubles with the Dell 24"s USB and Card-reader slots. Basically, I've tried it on my Powerbook and my mac pro, and neither manage to get speeds over USB 1.0. USB peripherals are fully functional at this speed though. In the specs of the Dell it says it has a USB 2.0 hub and card-reader...

Has anyone else had troubles with their Dell 24"s or is it just mine? Could the USB cabel I'm using be the problem? (it's the display came with)

2. Vortexfl macrumors newbie

Vortexfl

I have 24" monitor also but im running on Windows XP. I typically use the USB for syncing my Phone, IPOD and Camera memory sticks.

I have never really payed attention. I try and download some file and see what I get.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    DELL XPS 600, P4 3.6, 2 Gig Ram, 250g + 500g Hdd, Geforce 7800GTX.
    Windows XP ( Not Vista... )
    Mac Coming Soon :)

3. DellCA macrumors newbie

2405 and 2407FP Displays

MrBard:

I’m at Dell Headquarters in Austin, Texas and I just came across the post and wanted to reply. I'm not aware of any issues like this when using either of our 24" LCD's with a PC or a Mac but can definitely look into it. I can test it here with PC's but don't have a Mac I can use. If you've tried it with several devices and cables and still cannot get 2.0 speeds from it please post back and I'll see if I can get my hands on a Mac to test it with.

Neil
    Dell, Inc.
    neil@dell.com

4. stewinoz macrumors newbie

dell 24" card reader problem

I use a MacBook Pro and I just got the 2407WFP and the USB seems to work but the card reader does nothing with my SD card. I plan to try a different card tomorrow. Do others have this problem? Does their card reader work?

Thanks

5. a.somervell macrumors newbie

I came across this thread googling for a solution to my 2707 not reading an SD card in Leopard. Yet to find an answer...

6. Freymour macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue with SDHC cards (4gb, 8gb) from two distinct manufacturers on my 2407WFP-HC on Mac Pro running Leopard 10.5.2.

7. a.somervell macrumors newbie

And still my problem remains... 2707, 8GB Compact Flash Card, no joy, no drivers.

*sigh*

8. chnzshyguy macrumors newbie

Anyone have an update on this? All of my card readers don't work with my MacBook Pro and they're all high speed USB2.0. Also, these readers all work with my Windows laptops. I also have the 24" Dell Monitor in question and it doesn't work for my MBP either.

The wierd thing is that all my readers used to work with Tiger... I think they stopped working when I upgraded to Leopard.

9. ranbo macrumors newbie

Same problem

I'm having the same problem. I have a Dell 24" and although the USB hub on it works fine, there is no response when I put an 8GB SD card into it. I believe smaller SD cards have worked in the past, though, so maybe it suffers from the 2GB limit? Bummer.