Dell 2407 and Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamestedmondson, Aug 20, 2007.

1. jamestedmondson macrumors newbie

Sorry if this is a naive question, but would a MBP work with a Dell 2407 in closed lid mode? Would it be at the 2407's resolution of 1920 x 1200? Could I use a wireless mighty mouse and wireless keyboard with the MBP in closed lid mode?
    And finally, is an Apple Cinema Display worth the extra money?
    Thanks!

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

Yes, you could run a 2407, even in extended desktop mode. I'm not sure if the ACDs are worth the extra money as I've never had one. They look pretty sexy though. ;)

3. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

yes it will work, just select the MBP to not go to sleep mode when the lid is closed (in preferences).

Is the ACD worth the money? Yes it is. Its a must for me since I'm a graphic/fashion designer. Excellent picture/quality/color production. But its definitely not for everyone.

4. jamestedmondson thread starter macrumors newbie

5. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

I believe the ACD's screen uses similar components to other med/high end monitors of similar size. The UltraSharp line from Dell is equal to the ACD except maybe in style. So if style is your primary concern, then go with the ACD. If similar performance and a bit more cash in your pocket is your primary concern then go with the Dell.