Dell 2407WFP-HC

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by maceesback, Sep 17, 2007.

1. maceesback macrumors member

About how often does Dell offer $100 off on this monitor, as they are now? Every couple months? More frequently? Less?

Also, can the Mac Mini drive this monitor? I think the mini can do 1920 X 1200, just wondered of there are any other limiting factors.

2. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

$569 is a common price. How often do they do it? No way to tell really. It changes weekly and sometimes daily. You just have to keep an eye out.

A Mac Mini will drive that resolution. I would recommend at least 1GB of RAM.

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Seems to come and go. I'm in the UK, but I ordered a bunch of them thinking a promo was on when it wasn't (I was looking at an old quote) along with some 2707's which I expected to pay a normal price for - but my account manager gave me a promo price on that.

So my ire at paying 'full' prices for the 2407's was offset by the heavy discount on the 2707's. I did discover later though that had I ordered a week earlier, I'd have got the discount on both sets of monitors. So I was back in ire-land.

In the US, look for coupons too for further discounts. Tech forums frequently have links to them.

The Mini will drive the res, but I notice with GMA'd machines that things obviously happen snappier when you're running a more manageable res. But if you need the screen area, it's the highest it'll go.

4. gkroeger macrumors member

Anyone know what type or make of panel Dell uses in this monitor? Is it TN, PVA or some flavor of IPS (doubtful due to cost?).

5. maceesback thread starter macrumors member

S-PVA

6. yiagoulas macrumors newbie

yiagoulas

Question

I got 2 of those yesterday (2407WFP-HC).
    I have a G5 2.5 Dual.
    I have 2 outputs for monitors and I connect the monitors through VGA cables.
    Only one of them is displaying 1920x1200. The other one can do maximum 1280x1024.
    I called DELL and in the meantime
    I switced the cables and indeed the resolutions was somehow magically was 1920x1200 in both of them.:) (The strange is thing is, that the DELL technician asked me to do that and when I told him that I did and everything was cool, he even was puzzled and surprised)
    When I turned back on my computer:eek:...nonono. The same problem. I tried to switch them again and again but nothing has happened.
    Any suggestions?
    IS IT MY VIDEO CARD?
    But then how come and it worked for once.
    Cables?
    Any drivers you might know?

Thanks a lot

Yiagoulas