Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kateandersonjac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
:confused:

I've just got a dell 2407WFP monitor for use with my intel macbook, after quite extensive research to determine it would work properly (becuse Dell don't offer support for macs). Alas, Whilst i was happy to see it running as soon as i connnected it, I am not having any luck with the 4 usb ports. I am attempting to test it with my PC but thats an aging windows2000 1ghz that doesnt understand the supplied drivers, and im having difficulty finding any others. i suspect I will need to test it on a PC to establish if its faulty or not. But meanwhile, has any body had this before or can even offer a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help

Kate

ruftytufty

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2005
Berkeley, CA
I have a 2407WFP - the built-in USB hub on mine works, but my Mac hangs if it goes to sleep while I have it connected to the hub in the Dell monitor. So, I only connect it when I need it (mostly to get to the card reader). The Mac compatibility of the USB hub is apparently not very good.

But, this sounds different from your problem. What exactly is happening? How do you have the monitor and built-in hub connected to your Mac?

Run System Profiler (Apple Menu>About This Mac, then click "More Info"). Click on USB under "Hardware". Does the Dell USB hub show up? (Hint: the Flash Card Reader will show up also).

lbailey45

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2008
How do you have the monitor and built-in hub connected to your Mac?

Run System Profiler (Apple Menu>About This Mac, then click "More Info"). Click on USB under "Hardware". Does the Dell USB hub show up? (Hint: the Flash Card Reader will show up also).

I have a 2005fpw, and the usb hub doesn't work at all. If I remember correctly, the two on the side are supposed to be low power, and the two on the bottom are supposed to be powered, and I tried all - with my mouse - no luck.

I ran System Profiler (Apple Menu>About This Mac, then clicked "More Info") and clicked on USB under "Hardware".. and no Dell USB hub shows up.

Any ideas?

I remember having a problem with the usb when I first got this monitor and was using it with a PC (2-3 years ago), but then I somehow fixed it, or it resolved itself. I don't remember (dammit!). I am sure that it was working, though, (with the PC) at one point.

ELMpro

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2011
I have an early 2007 MB Pro and have been using this monitor with it for quite sometime. Unlike the rest of you, I've had quite the opposite problem. All four USB's work fine (I'm running the latest version of Lion BTW), I have a wired apple keyboard plugged into the bottom/rear usb and use the two on the side for external hard drives and the like. My problem is the card reader doesn't seem to recognize any cards. I'm wondering if it's because they are now SDHC cards, and therefore not supported. I realize this is an old thread, and an older monitor, but until I can take a second mortgage on my house for a new MBP and 27" thunderbolt monitor, perhaps anyone else that has a solution could let me know...thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.