Dell 2408 Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Alexjungle, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Alexjungle macrumors member

I know there are a few discussions about this monitor but I'd like to know your specific settings.

I have this screen hooked up to my new mini and am having a hard time getting the color settings right. Did you calibrate with hardware? What are your Brightness/Contrast/RGB, etc settings.

Also can you recommned a good wall mount from monoprice that would work?

Thanks!

2. Alexjungle thread starter macrumors member

Also having an issue with text sharpness. The sharpness setting only goes 0,25,50,75,100.

3. Alexjungle thread starter macrumors member

4. johnnj macrumors 6502a

I have a pair of these monitors and have never thought that there's a problem with sharpness.

As far as settings, everything's at default except:

RGB: custom set according to Spyder2Pro
    Brightness: one's at 9 the other at 7

Maybe you have a defective one?

5. Alexjungle thread starter macrumors member

After wasting a few hrs on the phone with Dell (the 'worst' tech support I've ever experienced) they are sending me a new monitor.

Should have just got an older ACD 23".

6. johnnj macrumors 6502a

Yeah, they do suck, especially after getting used to Apple's level of support.

Glad that you're getting a new one, though.

My older one just started with a new problem: for the 1st 5 minutes the thing is on, there's a purple line going down about 2" from the right edge of the screen. Not a big deal now, but I might want to swap it while it's still under warranty. I look forward (not really) to experiencing the same hell you just went through.

John

7. Jottle macrumors 6502

How did the new one work out?

8. sjivan macrumors member

I refuse to buy Dell, although I think their stuff is good, because of the worst tech support. I had a nightmare dealing with them. It's pathetic. I would much prefer paying a slight premium than ever deal those guys. That's why I like apple.

9. stevod macrumors member

I have one of these and I think it's a pretty good monitor. It's not perfect, but it's good value and seems to be a decent panel. Certainly a big jump up from TN.

The colour can be a bit odd out of the box - rather red if you run it on wide-gamut RGB. IIRC I used to set the RGB individually at 73/75/75 and it looked OK. Since then I've hardware calibrated it and it looks better - I use the i1 tool.

S

10. Jottle macrumors 6502

Is this monitor connected to your macbook pro? I just bought one. I'm hoping I don't notice any input lag as I should be getting at least a rev. A01 now.