Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Hi, I just got a Dell 2412m 24" monitor, macbook air henge dock, apple wireless mouse and keyboard and just got done setting up my system so I can dock my 11" air to the Dell. Everything works great on it except my super drive. The dell monitor has a built in USB hub which works fine with my external hard drive and game controller, but for some reason the super drive only works when I use boot camp and load Windows 7.

I did a google search but could only find old articles and threads saying the super drive wasn't compatible with any USB hub, but I know that is not the case anymore since it works fine with the USB hub when I boot Windows 7. Is there a setting I have to change or something so that it will also work when I'm in OSx? Thanks for any help.

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
Hi, I just got a Dell 2412m 24" monitor, macbook air henge dock, apple wireless mouse and keyboard and just got done setting up my system so I can dock my 11" air to the Dell. Everything works great on it except my super drive. The dell monitor has a built in USB hub which works fine with my external hard drive and game controller, but for some reason the super drive only works when I use boot camp and load Windows 7.

I did a google search but could only find old articles and threads saying the super drive wasn't compatible with any USB hub, but I know that is not the case anymore since it works fine with the USB hub when I boot Windows 7. Is there a setting I have to change or something so that it will also work when I'm in OSx? Thanks for any help.
My bet is it isn't getting enough power. Where you go from there is beyond me unfortunately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.