Dell 2707WFP Drivers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mtaylor1953, Dec 8, 2007.

1. mtaylor1953 macrumors newbie

I am a new convert to Mac after nearly 20 years on a PC so if my question seems dumb I apologise in advance!

I have bought a Dell 27 inch monitor 2707 WFP (needed the built in card reader and extra USB's) and have connected it via DVI to my Macbook Pro. The picture is not clear and it appears to have the wrong drivers. Sys prefs (Monitors ) recognises the monitor brand and model correctly and I can choose 1900x 1200 but its far from clear. I am running the same monitor on my adjacent PC and its clear and sharp.

Would appreciate some help pls.

Maurie

2. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I do not believe you need a driver for an external on your Macbook Pro. Could you go into more detail about your picture issues?

4. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

There are no monitor drivers for Mac. Any non-clearness will be due to incorrect resolution, wrong refresh rate (60hz probably is good) or some problem with the connection.

Frankly, I've never installed a monitor driver in Windows either.

5. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

if it recognizes the brand and model name then id say the os x has no problem reading your monitor. hmm....google it and see if its a specific problem with that model

6. mtaylor1953 thread starter macrumors newbie

LeeTom I am not sure ..its only 1 month old so presume the latest with leopard

I have done some printscreens but they are too big too attach (even zipped). The PC screen has approx 30% more viewable area than the same monitor on the MB Pro. The 2707 on the mac has a lot less viewable area, the text is bigger and a lot less sharper. Needless to say, the (same) pics in iphoto are fairly crappy compared to the PC.

I am using the DVI cable that came from Dell between the mac and the dell

The refresh rate is 60mhz

Rgds
    Maurie