Dell 4k OLED display (UP3017Q)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MadDane, Jan 8, 2016.

1. MadDane macrumors 6502a

I just saw that Dell has announced a 4k OLED display. This is probably the only thing (other than 5k) that I really want in a display! The colors and the blacks that an OLED display produces are simply stunning. Furthermore, the Dell is rated at 100 percent of the AdobeRGB color space and can 97.8 percent of the DCI-P3 color space. To me that sounds pretty darn good.

Oh yeah, and then there is the price. $5000. Auch.

What do you guys think? Is this truly awesome or just another boring announcement?
    Here is a link to one of the news sites covering the announcement.

2. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

My jaw is still on the floor.

Simply awesome.

3. venom600 macrumors 6502a

Stunning. When I heard about it I immediately wanted one. 4k, OLED, color accurate, AND it has an infinity edge. I think it is as transformational a display as the original Cinema Display, which was, at the time, nearly as expensive as this is.

4. MadDane thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree with you there venom600. I think this is the future of computer screens (just like it is, in my mind, for the TV). If/when Apple includes an OLED screen in an iMac I will definitely upgrade. I might even get a Mac Pro just to be able to use a display like this, when they come down in price :D

I got a Dell U2711 when they where the newest thing, just to have that gorgeous large display. I certainly would like to get this one :D

5. poematik13 macrumors 6502a

You can get an OLED screen for ~300 if you get an apple watch :p It's the best advancement in display tech since 1080p. Blacks are actually black, because no light is emitted.

6. MadDane thread starter macrumors 6502a

There is quite the difference between the tiny screens on the Apple Watch and the 30" Dell display :p If anything, a 55" 4k OLED from LG could be used.