Dell Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iphonematt, May 1, 2009.

1. iphonematt Guest

Has anyone used the Dell S2409W 24" monitor. It is on sale for $249 right now and i think it is a pretty good deal but I am looking for others input.
    Thanks!

2. BMWFan macrumors regular

You wouldn't buy a PC from Dell. Why would you buy a display from them. Apple all the way baby. Superior design and build quality and excellent customer satisfaction.

3. AC Rempt macrumors 6502

AC Rempt

I have the S2309W which I paid $250 for just six weeks ago, and I like it. It's hooked up to a unibody MacBook via the mini-display port/DVI adapter, and it works well. I'm color blind, so I'm not the best judge of that, but it's nice and bright, and all the vids I've played on it looks great.

If the S2409W was to be had for $250, I would have picked that one up instead. Ah well, I guess an extra inch or so doesn't matter that much.

4. psingh01 macrumors 65816

I've had a 20" Widescreen Dell for about 4 years now. Great monitor and I'm thinking of getting a 30" Dell soon too. No reason to not buy this monitor just because it has a Dell logo. They are good quality and in general cheaper than Apple's.

5. iphonematt thread starter Guest

Because Apple only has one display currently and it ONLY works with newer Apple laptops (mine is a Penryn MBP so it wouldn't work). Plus, I really don't have $900 even if the ACD was compatible with my MBP.

6. BMWFan macrumors regular

If price was a concern why did you buy a Mac in the first place when you could have clearly got a cheaper PC.

7. iphonematt thread starter Guest

It seems as if you are here only to cause conflict. This is completely off topic and has nothing to do with the original question asked.

8. castgli macrumors newbie

Back to the Dell S2409W...I just got one recently on sale from Dell as well and let me tell ya, it's absolutely incredible. I also don't have $900 for an ACD, I got it for $199 late last week.

I've got a 3 year old white MacBook and I'm loving life right now...because I saved so much money on the monitor, i also would up with an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse.

Watching movies or tv shows is sooo nice on this and since i got rid of my cable tv recently i don't feel like i'm missing anything. nice bright display, good controls for adjusting and even for $249, it's a steal.

9. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

As a minor videophile, I couldn't use that monitor and ended up returning it (for that issue, among other reasons). The contrast while advertised to be decent, turns out washed out whites. This was at variance to me $200 Acer H213H which is a 21.5" at 1920 x 1080 which shows far truer colors at the cost of a minor backlight bleed around the bezel. The biggest thing that irked me about this Dell monitor was the location of the display ports. On a rather large desk, the DVI port is extremely difficult to reach without moving the monitor to the farthest corner and squatting down to see what you're doing. Even then, extending force upwards in a difficult thing to manage while the monitor is so poorly balanced.

But I may be a tad biased since my last lawsuit with Dell.