Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoeOz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
well i've juz got maself a Great deal 22" sweet Moniter for 250$ to hook it up with ma MBP , but it seems like i cannot get the whole SETUP thing .. i couldn't find anything beside Arrangement and one option only [Mirror Displays] it seems that it couldn't reach the full resolution the picture looks un sharp and the cd driver with it doesn't have anything for mac ... only vista and xp .
anyone ??

DaveF

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
NoVA
In System Preferences, select Displays. There will be a control panel on each screen. On the Dell Monitor's control window, select the resolution and settings you want. On the MBP screen, you can also change the arrangement of the monitor.

No drivers are needed. Monitors are completely plug and play for basic use. I've got a 10 year old 17" Dell CRT connected to my MBP and it works just as I've described.

DaveF

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
NoVA
How is it setup?

Is the monitor connected to the MacBook Pro via DVI?

Does the MBP recognize the LCD and show the desktop?

What does the display preferences show? If "mirror" is turned on, disable it.

Can you drag windows to the LCD?

Connecting a monitor to a recent computer is truly plug and play. If it's not then something's wrong with your computer, your monitor, or you've unknowingly tweaked your configuration.

Can you post screenshots of your preferences? (Use use Jing if you have no other tool. It's easy for this type thing.)

MoeOz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
well my main concern was how to get the full resloution on the external diaplay while in the mirror displays mode or make the external diaplay work as the main one coz there is no other options than mirror or not ! so i juz turned this option off and thats means the external one working as extended and i drag'd the bar and dock to the external one and thats some how solved the problem for me :) , means now i can use the external one with the full 1680*1050 with the whole interface .. so anyway thx dave for ur help and concern .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.