Dell employee admits to superiority of Apple

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jonnytruant, May 27, 2009.

1. jonnytruant macrumors member

jonnytruant

So I was eating lunch today and I just happen to notice that the guy eating ext to me was a Dell employee....he was talking to another Dell employee shwing him the Dell employee tech book. He then continued on with a story about how his brother graduated college and took a job at apple, obviously the better choice in my opinion. Anyway he concluded his story by saying, "You just can't deny it, they (Apple) just have a much better operating system."

I couldn't hold it in I just started laughing my a$$ off...it made my day :)

:apple:

2. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

I'll play Devil's Advocate here:

You would never hear an Apple employee or fanboy say something like that. I think, if anything, it shows that this Dell employee is very level-headed and thinks as an individual instead of blindly following his company of employment, or the company that makes the OS he is used to.

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You would never hear an Apple employee or fanboy say "You just can't deny it, Apple just have a much better operating system."? ;)

4. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I think this is because lots of OS X fans switched over from Windows. Thus, a Mac user won't say "Microsoft has a really great OS" because chances are the Mac user is an ex-Windows user. Think about it.

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

That's not true...

Apple employees will recommend 3rd party software and hardware if it suits you better, and without making a poll I would guess you'd get far more Dell than Apple recommendations if you wanted a new screen.

I've even seen quite a few posts recommending Microsoft over Apple here at MR (but that's mainly for their mice :p ;)).

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Happens.

See Bill Gates Praising the Apple Macintosh:
    http://digg.com/apple/Video_A_very_young_Bill_Gates_Praising_the_Apple_Macintosh

A lot of people don't realize that MS doesn't design / make the MS branded mouse. MS rebrand mouse from other companies or pay to change an existing one slightly to fool those who don't know anything about performance mousing.

7. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Check the smilies... ;)

Actually, Microsoft has quite a few supporters here at MR, especially when talking about Office vs iWork (and especially Excel over Numbers, but also - to some degree - Word over Pages).

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Also especially the Windows version of Office ;).

9. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

If Michael Dell said that, or perhaps his VP of Sales or Marketing, I'd be far more impressed.

But some random employee of company X saying that they prefer company Y? Happens all of the time. How many of you use products that are made or sold by competitors of the company you work for? How many of you would never buy products or services from the company you work for, because you know what "really" goes on inside?

For example, I have a friend who worked at Burger King for a summer, and he swears he will never, ever eat anything from a BK again.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Dell did say he'd love Apple to licence their OS when Tiger was released...