Dell G2410 vs Samsung F2380 vs Other...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hurd111, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Hurd111 macrumors member

Hello,

I am planning on purchasing a new display for use (currently) with my imac. I am completely torn between these two models, and cannot make a decision. Any thoughts? I like the Dell because it is LED backlit, thus good blacks and little to no backlight bleed. But I like the Samsung because of the (supposedly better panel and (supposedly) better color reproduction. I like the simplistic look of both of them (though they could look a little better :() so I'm not sure which one to buy.

Also, if you can suggest something in the same price range/size please post it. :D

Thanks for the help. :)

Also, I am a little confused about screen resolutions at the moment. I have seen the samsung 2343bwx around on various sites, and have noticed that it has a resolution of 2048 x 1152. Should I just go with it? Or should I stick to the F2380 vs G2410? :confused:

I don't mean to bump, but I sort of need an answer soon. ;)

edit: Im going to go ahead and repost it in the imac/mac mini section... :eek:

2. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

This section of the forum can be a little dry sometimes. I'm still waiting for some replies on open threads of mine as well..

Haven't seen the Samsung one, but I'm posting because I too, am sort of interested in the G2410....When it comes to displays, I'm pretty biased and I just want to lean towards Dell these days and not worry about other brands because of just how great their displays are. Of course if Apple were to release a more consumer budget friendly display any time soon, I would probably have a new bias in a heart beat :p

I like how the G2410 is LED how and how green it is with power consumption. I know design isn't the heart of a display, but the G2410 does leave more to be desired. It's a bit on the bland side. Connection options are truly scarce too. No bells and whistles.

Well sorry I couldn't be too much help but I'm interested to hear other's takes on these two displays as well...

3. Hurd111 thread starter macrumors member

I think I'm going to go with a Samsung. A friend of mine has an older model, and it kicks ass, but it's a bit too small for me. It also only ran for about $250. I don't really care about ghosting. I don't game at all, and probably never will. I do music production and amateur photography. I need big space, and color accuracy. Im going to go ahead and buy the Samsung, and if I don't like it, I'll buy the dell. If I don't like the dell, I think I'll buy a Samsung 2494hm. :D

4. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

You'll need to calibrate the Samsung properly if you plan on using it for any photography. It apparently suffers from some pretty severe black crush, where any detail in dark areas is lost and they all become black.

5. Hurd111 thread starter macrumors member

I'm planning on calibrating the monitor I get either way, so I'm not completely worried. :)

6. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster