Dell Intros LCD With Built-in Webcam

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Eidorian, Sep 29, 2007.

1. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

The ACDs really need to add some features, maybe this as an option...some technology makes Apple products look outdated...

2. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

the ACD's are kind of outdated

3. sndcj1 macrumors member

nice for home

much like the one in a 20" imac, not the full color depth version that a pro would need, but not many people need that out of their monitors. I would consider it if I didn't have a screen already. It seems to be their e207wfp in a silver wrapper with camera. They also added the 4 port usb hub. I think this would be a good monitor choice. I've had pretty good luck with the dell monitors I've ordered in the past for business, 7 of the 20" ultra-sharp monitors, and 2 of the e207's.

4. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I'm pretty sure it will work with OS X. Obviously the connection will work just like any other LCD screen, and I assume that the webcam is a USB cord and since iChat now supports most USB cams I would say that it does work.

5. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Based on the specs, the ACDs are really outdated. A few members on these forums got into a discussion about how outdated they were almost a year ago, back when they weren't as bad as the competition, but now I can't hold the same argument and defend the ACDs, they are just too old and not worth the money.

I would never buy a Dell unless I was on a budget. NEC would be my premier choice.

(edit: I checked it out... I would buy that Dell for myself if it were only bigger... around 24")