Dell Mini Hackintosh - Got a Error, way to fix it?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GeorgeBear, Aug 9, 2010.

1. GeorgeBear macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

I recently bought a Dell Mini 10v from another forums and the person i bought it from put Snow Leopard on it for me. (Got the original WinXP and Apple disks too)

Its been working fine since June but the GF just updated it and now getting this error every time we boot up.

[​IMG]

Mac OS version
    Not Set Yet

Kernel Version
    Darwin Kernal Version 10.4.0
    Inspiron 1011

System nanoseconds 181720352

Is there anyway to save this, and save the data on it?

thanks

Sorry if this is in wrong forum

2. jamisonbaines macrumors regular

new versions of the os will break certain features. in short if it works dont use software update. there are appropriate sites/forums to help you with this, hit up google.

3. GeorgeBear thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, i told her not to do any updates but she done it by mistake. I'm not even sure what version she put on i assume 10.6.4.

Been looking at other forums, but cannot find one that can fix this issue so far

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That's a kernal panic and I have gotten that twice on my Dell Mini 10v. Usually a reboot does the trick but for you it sounds like you may want to boot off the USB flash drive and reinstall OS X. If you don't yet have a bootable copy of snow leopard on the flash drive then make one, it will take an 8 gig drive.

Look here on how to create the flash drive.

And before you goons bitch at me about linking to gizmodo, they had the guide up long before they turned into 4-year olds on the school playground.

5. GeorgeBear thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, so there would be no way to save the data then?

I dont have a 4gb stick, do have the original snow leopard disk and a usb drive, would that work?