Dell Monitors

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wmage, Jun 17, 2012.

1. wmage macrumors member

Hi, anybody using Dell monitors?

I would like to get a 23 inch with 1920x1080.

There are three series - E (Economy?), P (Professional) and UltraSharp. I'm thinking about getting one from the E series for ~ $200, which is a great price.

I'm wondering if anybody is using these? What do you use it for? Is it good enough for you? Or is it unnecessarily expensive?

I will use it mostly for programming. I do a bit of design, but that's not what gets me my bread and cheese. I just don't want the colors to be awful.

Thanks!

2. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

I have only the 24 inch Dell U2412M which on sale, it cost me about $299.99 which they have from time to time. Nice monitor for my needs (No games, just word applications/email/some photo rendering/music/ and of course the internet stuff. I've owned 4 Dell monitors without issues but have opted for the extended warranty (Not really required) if anything went wrong.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I have two Dell U2311Hs, been happy with them. There is an updated U2312H now with LED backlight and HDMI if I recall correctly. I paid 229€ each for my monitors but they should be a bit cheaper now.