Dell P2715Q - Window placement after sleep

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by oester, Sep 1, 2015.

1. oester macrumors member

I searched other threads for a similar issue, couldn't find one, so here goes.

I have a mid-2013 Macbook Air with a Dell P2715Q. I recently swapped out my Apple display for this, as I'm planning on updating my Macbook soon. I occasionally (perhaps 1 out of 3 times) see the windows being placed off screen (or nearly off screen) after waking from display sleep. I also see some windows being re-sized. I'm not quite sure what the issue is - I thought maybe an on screen notification was doing it (in lock mode), but I disabled those and the problem persists. tI's running at 2560x1440, which is the max that this model air can do. I'm running the El-Cap beta, but I tend to discount this as a source of the problem.

Ideas?

Bob

2. bobbie424242 macrumors member

The windows resized thing is happening all the time on Yosemite. No solution that I know of.

3. oester thread starter macrumors member

I've starting using "Moom" which has a feature of saving window placement and size, based on which screen you are using. Gets 'round the issue.It's actually quite nice not having to resize all my windows when I disconnect the monitor and plug it back in.

4. ebrigham macrumors newbie

I've got the same issue with my 5K iMac. Agreed that Moom has returned a bit of sanity.