Dell ST2210 + MBP = Bad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by KadMac, May 26, 2010.

1. KadMac macrumors regular

KadMac

So I recently purchase a Dell ST2210 and I connected it via vga adaptor with my Macbook Pro. Although I have the resolution set for 1920 x 1080 on my dell monitor, the resolution looks horrible. It just doesn't look native but that is what the native is suppose to be with that monitor. Plus, I have two black sidebars so the picture isn't taking up the full screen.

Am I doing something wrong? I included a picture down below. Check out the side of the monitor with the black stripes. Is it because I am using a vga adaptor?

*Never mind, figured it out.*

Attached Files:

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

VGA is analog. For a resolution that big, I'd guess that a digital connection would do better? :confused:

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

There's something wrong with your settings.

Reset your monitor settings to make sure you didn't set it wrong. Then make sure the monitor is set to show 1:1 pixels for VGA mode and open up Displays on the Mac to make sure it's really 1080P resolution.

Why are you using VGA btw? Your laptop doesn't have DVI?

4. atticmonad macrumors newbie

Hey KadMac... I know this post was from a while ago. I was wondering... how did you end up figuring out the problem? I am having the same issue with my MPB and ST2210. Thanks!:)