Dell ST2310 vs. Samsung 2333HD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by heesey1010, Aug 8, 2010.

1. heesey1010 macrumors member

This almost seems too easy of a question to ask, but I feel like I'm missing a key component/con/whatever, so I'll ask it anyway.

I'm going to be getting a Mac Mini (either refurb 2009 or new/refurb 2010) pretty soon and would like a new monitor to go with it (you can try and persuade me to pony up to an iMac but after I saw a display unit at a Best Buy have some damage to it AND knowing how clumsy I can be moving stuff around, I'm 99% sure I'm not getting one). Anyway, I had been keeping an eye on either the UltraSharp or the ST line of monitors from Dell...but then I saw Staples had the Samsung 2333HD on sale for 229...and there's a 10% off coupon which knocks it to about 209 before tax.

Meanwhile there's the Dell ST2310 which I'd be getting which is about 179 (before tax). Good monitor and all from what I'm reading as well, and it was originally the one I was going to buy.

I'm just curious to see if anyone around here has had either of the models and would like to offer their experiences with them? I've done a MRoogle search and all I saw was people showing what monitors they had in their setups :)

2. str8bucs macrumors regular

I have 3 of the Samsung's and they are awesome.... I have been thinking of buying another!

I use the others as TV's and for game consoles and you cannot beat the deal on these I bought mine when staples had them on sale for $199 so yeah a heck of a deal.

If you have anymore questions let me know.

Mike