Dell U2212hm purple spot on black screen

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tony5787, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Tony5787 macrumors member

I just got this screen two days ago and as soon as it first turned on, I noticed a large purple "smudge" on the screen when the screen is black. When I look at it closely, you can see tiny bright red dots that I think may all be stuck pixels. Please take a look at these pictures and let me know what you think. I really don't want to have to send it back to Dell because that's a pain in the a** but I'm not keeping it if it's like this. Mind you there are no magnets around the screen nor did I do any physical damage to the screen.

[​IMG]

Here it is in context with the entire screen:

[​IMG] (Ignore the gray parts that border the image that was due to me not cropping in Lightroom after I corrected for lens distortion.)

2. jruss77 macrumors newbie

Hey I have the same on the screen of my new 21.5 inch iMac. Any ideas anyone?

3. laserbeam273 macrumors 6502

That should be an effortless warranty claim, I suggest just doing it.

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

+1

On my third 27 inch dell LCD and now it's perfect. Getting a replacement is easy enough.

5. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Dell UltraSharp warranty service is amazing. I had some dead pixels and they had a replacement at my door in under 24 hours.

At any rate, in case the OP is still checking the thread: what Mac are you using? Do you notice any pinstriping for certain colors?

6. apw100 macrumors regular

That looks like the LCD panel was damaged and the liquid crystal is leaking.