Dell U2711 Sale: $749 CAN

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Vitr, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Vitr, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011

Vitr macrumors member

Vitr

2. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

I just picked up the 27 ACD for $1050, should I return it for this? The only 2 things that I like better about it are the built in webcam and glossy display. Are there any other 27" IPS glossy displays? I think I'm going to end up returning the display and I'll check out the Dell. Do you know if they charge for returns (restocking or shipping)?

3. Vitr thread starter macrumors member

Vitr

Well, if you like the glossy display then I'd stick with the ACD. The primary difference for most people is that the Dell is a matte display. It also has many more connectivity options and height adjustment (which is nice), but those tend to be less important.

My office has windows to the right where I sit (low windows so can't really place my desk in front of them). That's why I prefer the Dell with less glare. Its really personal preference though.

4. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

I guess. But I don't think the ACD is worth the 300 premium for a glossy display and webcam. I still have time to return the ACD, so I'll think it out. Thanks for the reply.

5. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Link? On the US site, I still see it for $999, which I believe has been its normal price for awhile.

6. Vitr thread starter macrumors member

Vitr

True. I really wish there were stores that carry both the Ultrasharps and ACD. Some people also complain about the aggressive antiglare coating on the Dells. To be honest, I do find it annoying on mine. I might pick up an ACD to try at home, and if the glare is an issue then try the Dell.

7. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Thanks for the link, and if anyone knows how to make this work on the US site, please share!