Dell Ultrasharp 1909W?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by PolySciSurfer, Jun 26, 2009.

1. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Can anyone tell me if they have experience with this monitor or a dell ultrasharp in general? I did a search and couldn't find the info I was looking for. I want to order this monitor from Dell, Dell UltraSharp 1909W Flat Panel Monitor. It's 179.00, but I want to find out about the viewing angles and the regular monitor gripes I read about on this forum. How does this monitor stack up to the competition? :confused: :eek: :D :apple:

2. David G. macrumors 6502a

Link to the informative Austrailian Business site. :)
    I don't know what you want out of the monitor but if your looking for something that's going to be color accurate like for photography or design or the like this won't be it. Since that is what I care about the most the best budget color accurate monitor I'd recommend would be the Dell 2209WA.
    Edit: I'll let other people have a go regarding the rest of your post. I'm tired and am off to bed now. Yaaawwwwn, G'nite all.

3. David G. macrumors 6502a

Since no one else has come along I help you some more.
    -First off, it has Analog and DVI-D (Digital) with HDCP connections, you might need and adapter for your computer to use it.
    -It also won't have any USB 2.0 ports on it so you won't be able to hook stuff to it instead of your computer. This would have acted like a USB hub. This might or might not be useful to you.
    -Brightness and contrast are good, color accuracy meh.
    -Response time (probably grey to grey) seems to be average.
    -The stand will allow you to raise and lower, tilt, swivel, and pivot the monitor.
    The panel type is TN, meaning twisted nematic, you've probably read about this type while reading some other monitor threads on here, so yeah.

Hope this helps.

4. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Its your standard 19 inch wide screen monitor. You aren;t going to find any IPS monitors at that size. There are some PVA's at that size though if you know where to look.

5. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Honestly, if I were you I would check out the dell 2209wa. It is only a few $ more and it has an e-ips panel, plus a 178/178 viewing angle.

I have two of them and love them!