Resolved Dell UltraSharp U2711 vs Apple Thunderbolt Display?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Epic Xbox Revie, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Epic Xbox Revie, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011

Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

2. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

Dells quality is iffy and many people do not like the anti-glare glaze on their screens.
    Much more importantly the TD is perfect for an Air because you can connect so many devices to your Air via one thin cable.
    My TB display has Gigabit ethernet, FW800 drive, USB drives,sound, video, Facetime HD all over to the Air via one cable.

3. starvingartist8 macrumors regular

The Dell looks ****, the apple display looks beautiful

The apple display has bad colours
    The dell display has great colours

If you are a photographer, designer, painter then the Dell is for you
    If you don't care about colour accuracy then the apple cinema is for you

Apple don't really focus on professionals as much as consumers anymore but who can blame them.

The macbook air would run better with the apple cinema because of TB.

4. Epic Xbox Revie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

5. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

Can't comment on the 27 inch Dell, but I recently switched from a 24" U2410 to an Apple 27" and the main difference is the anti-glare. And it's a HUGE difference. The dell display had the "matte" LCD that you see on some laptops, no glare whatsoever. The Apple, on the other hand, is so shiny that you can see your reflection in it.

As for which is better, it's a matter of personal preference. I prefer the Apple display as the colors "pop" better for me, but I'm not a professional and don't know all the technical limitations. For me it just looks better, but you need to be prepared to deal with the glare.

6. JoshD33 macrumors newbie

Go for the Dell 30" no the ATD

I own every major product apple sells....I drink the KoolAid! However, I just couldn't bring myself to throw down the cash for the ATD when the Dell gives me more screen for virtually the same amount of money.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U3011-30-Monitor

I have read probably every review on here and was worried about getting the 3011 DELL. Sooo many went on and on about the aggressive Anti-Glare coating on the screen and the awful gray fuzzy text..

This monitor without a doubt is one of the most beautiful sites I have ever beheld. I am in 2560 x 1600 LOVE!

I didn't even have to calibrate it. I may adjust the red here shortly.

AS far as the anti-glare coated screen goes.... It is no more aggressive than my old Apple Cinema LCD in fact it may be less aggressive.

To think I almost went for the APPLE 27" over this....

AS far as the warranty issues I have read about on here concerning buying this monitor from a reseller rather straight from DELL I hope to never find out about that, BUT I did get the extended Amazon 4 year warranty and hope to never have to use it!

Many complained about the TEXT being GREY and fuzzy .. I dont see it! RAZOR sharp BLACK!

If you can afford this beast it comes highly recommended by this digital artist!