Dell UltraSharp U2715H

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Wek, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Wek macrumors member

Wek

Hi

I have a MacBook Pro 13 Retina mid 2014 model.

I need a screen to plug it to. A screen with HDMI cable.

I thinking about getting Dell UltraSharp U2715H.

Do any have some experience with the setup? I had a Apple 27 Cinema once. I loved the image quality.

Is the quality from the Dell UltraSharp U2715H comparable?

2. Smoothie macrumors 6502

I have a Dell U2715H that I'm using for a desktop computer that I built. I don't have any experience with your planned setup, but I'm happy with the monitor. Here's a detailed review of the monitor: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2715h.htm.

The first sample I got had some backlight intensity variation that I didn't like, so I exchanged it for another. The replacement is fine. The color accuracy is pretty good out of the box, although I always calibrate a monitor with a colorimeter. Although the monitor has DisplayPort connectivity, I'm using HDMI to connect it to my graphics card and it runs well in native resolution. I had a problem with the monitor occasionally not being recognized on boot-up when using the DisplayPort. However, I don't think this is the fault of the monitor since this problem has been reported with other monitors when connected to certain NVIDIA graphics cards.