Dell UltraSharp warranty even through different retailers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Astral Cars, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Astral Cars macrumors regular

I'm planning on buying the Dell U2410 and a quick google search gave me websites to buy it from where it's $50-$100 cheaper than direct from Dell. One of the better features of the monitor however is that you can swap it easily if there's a dead pixel. If I buy from one of these other retailers (say, Buy.com) can I still do that? And would I deal directly with Dell for such a potential issue?

Otherwise, does anyone have any coupon codes that currently work on Dell.com?

Thanks.

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Dell will still honour warranties for products bought through third parties. However, before you go ahead and buy - call Dell. Talk to them on the phone and you can get pretty good deals. I've got countless good deals from the reps on the phone. Had £50 knocked off a £250 monitor, £40 knocked off a netbook and lots of other not as major ones. Even still, it's worth a shot. :) See if they'll match the price on the third party site at least.

3. Astral Cars thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip, I called Dell and they sold it to me for $539 and threw in a $50 gift card (what else will I ever buy from Dell?...). A little pushy trying to have me add other things and somehow the whole thing took almost an hour, but overall pretty good service.