Dell XPS 13 early 2016 refresh?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chad.petree, May 19, 2016.

1. chad.petree macrumors 6502

chad.petree

I've decided to get one, but since the last refresh was released on November 2015, maybe it's a good idea to wait a bit, I'm not expecting for a kaby lake refresh , but minor improvements like a decent webcam, maybe another usb c port, windows hello support, maybe a bigger battery and better screen calibration. Ive googled but I found no rumors whatsoever :(

One thing I don't understand is why is it considerably slower to charge the laptop with the usb c port instead of the included charger?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I suspect if there will be a refresh, but it may be in the fall, given that it was just released in November.

The computer is based on the Broadwell chipset, and now that the skylake there's no reason why that shouldn't upgrade it.

3. chad.petree thread starter macrumors 6502

chad.petree

the november model was already upgraded to skylake , they're not using broadwell anymore

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Oops, you're right - I pulled up the XPS from dell.com and it gave me the configuration for the 5th generation, I'm not sure why. I went back in there and boom, I see the skylake processor.

Given that fact, I see little reason or motivation for Dell to update that model anytime soon

5. RUGERMAN macrumors regular

Did I get into the wrong Forum????

6. chad.petree, May 20, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2016

chad.petree thread starter macrumors 6502

chad.petree

I call it "I've been waiting for two years for a proper MacBook pro refresh "