Delocalize just saved me 3.56GB! (Cache cleaner version)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cRuNcHiE, Nov 13, 2007.

1. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

I just installed Leopard Cache cleaner and ran the delocalizer leaving just the english languages (couldnt actually see EN-US?) just en-gb ( im british)

I noted down my space used before and after and its saved me 3.56GB!?
    Pretty handy for my Macbook pro! i now have 114GB free for sound recording.

I havent used its util for stripping PPC code as it only does it for selected apps and i heard it can break things when you try and upgrade those said apps.

Has anyone tried stripping the PPC code from leopard itself/is there a tool to do so?

2. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

i've used xslimmer in tiger extensively to strip ppc code and had no problems upgrading apps or running them. my copy of leopard doesn't arrive til tomorrow but i would expect it works the same. i'll let you know once i get some stuff installed, as it saves a ton of space.

3. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

You can also deselect the languages when you first install/upgrade to Leopard. That's what I did and it saved me quite a bit of space.

You can also elect to omit the 1.5 some GB of printer drivers, but I kept those.

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

XSlimmer works just fine in Leopard, and I think they recently updated it to work on the new QuadUBs. Stripping out 64 bit and PPC code for those of us on Core Duo, and of course any other code for those on whatever processor.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I excluded the languages and the printer drivers, and cut the installation down to between 5 and 6 GB. :)

6. motownflip macrumors regular

thanks for the heads up. It looks like there are a couple of versions available. Can you provide a link to what you used?