DeLocalizer vs. Monolingual

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by celticpride678, Aug 8, 2009.

1. celticpride678

Which application is better? I am trying to regain some disk space. Which is easier? Can they is anyone crash my computer or make it slow? Thanks.

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

I don't know which is better, but removing languages should be fine... Though I wouldn't if I were you. One of the best parts of mac os is its internationalization...

-Omi

3. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

But the only language I know is English, so...

4. freebird2003 macrumors member

5. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

Whenever I download a new application, I use Xslimmer. And whenever I download an OS update, or security update, I use Monolingual, as Xslimmer only works on applications.

I never use the "remove architecture" feature of Monolingual, however; only the languages.

6. celticpride678 thread starter Guest

celticpride678

I used Monolingual and removed over 3.3 GB of languages! It worked fast and easy. I now have 202 GB left. Better, but I want a little more. Is there a application or way to remove unused printer drivers? Also, are there any other things I can remove to save disk space? Thanks.

7. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

RE:
    "Is there a application or way to remove unused printer drivers?"

Just do this "manually".

Go to "Library/Printers" (the "Library" that exists at the very top level of your boot drive), and take out those that you don't need.

- John