Demanding Why iMacs in Slovakia ( and probably eastern Europe) comes without keyboard

Discussion in 'iMac' started by GustavPicora, Jan 22, 2010.

1. GustavPicora macrumors member

Hello, today Im here as new user to the forum, but a really pissed user.

A new iMac came to the office today and for my surprise it came with no keyboard. I looked at the box, and it clearly states, "Apple wireless keyboard and magic mouse". I started looking for why, and somebody told me that in whole slovakia its like that, i checked in the different retail stores and realize that no keyboards are included, even in the freaking box says so. So finally somebody told me that the main provider for eastern-central Europe called Sdsys, or so its taking the keyboards out and because they have a monopoly in this area nobody can do anything, even Apple itself.

I want to fill up a complain with the proper authority, because this is a robbery, who ever wants to support me in my "quest" Im very welcome to hear suggestions where can I fill up the complain, because this is ridiculous, that even we think we are the first person opening a box of a computer its not true because these "thieves" of providers are opening before to take the keyboard out, second, in the box and even in apple.com/sk, its states clearly that the all standard models comes with keyboard and mouse.

So Im asking if you have knowledge on where can I fill up this, I will be very appreciate it, and if you want to support the cause because you have had to buy the keyboard apart then welcome to this complain..

Best Regards All.
    PS: if thee is somebody form Apple who will read this and can help, I will be very very happy also.

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Just call apple yourself, did you buy from apple or an authorized dealer?

3. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

Apple must have some support or customer service number you can call to tell them what is going on with their provider. There probably isn't a form to fill out. So as suggested call Apple and tell them what is going on.

4. GustavPicora thread starter macrumors member

Yep, they are authorize resellers.. I mean, normally they add things to your buy, but not take out from it.

5. GustavPicora thread starter macrumors member

I think the number where you can call at is in Cork, I did once with a problem I had with a MBP, I will give it a try, but as I was told and kinda what I understood is that Apple doesn't care how business are made in europe, which says no well about them..

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

7. GustavPicora thread starter macrumors member

Will do.. But it's wrong what these providers are doing isn't it?

8. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

If you lived in the U.S. It would be wrong, but I don't know what business can get away with in your country. Like I said before call apple and see what they say, if the business is doing you wrong apple might not sell to them any more, they also might send you a keyboard and mouse. Let us know what apple does.

9. Btom macrumors 6502a

In most places it is called stealing.

You can email Steve Jobs (search the threads, it is somewhere here). It doesn't go to Steve, but many people got help this way.

Tom B.

10. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

No, here in Slovenia, they (did) sell the computers without the keyboards aswell. They said, it is because of the localisation (we are using the CRO - croatian keyboard layout).

How they are doing today, I don't know, because I did buy my ALU keyboard separately.

Apple stuff here is ****ing expensive.

11. GustavPicora thread starter macrumors member

Here don't give that ******** excuse, because when you buy the keyboard normally you get and english keyboard because people its used already to the Slovak keys combination, and if they come to me with that stupid excuse I will want to smash the keyboard on their heads, Im not slovak speaker so why I should not have the standard keyboard?..

12. GustavPicora thread starter macrumors member

Hmm can't find it.. can you provide me the link? or willit be something like steve.jobs@apple.com? :p

13. GustavPicora thread starter macrumors member

Ok I wrote to Steve Jobs, let's hope the mail goes throw and reaches him.

14. Btom macrumors 6502a

Try also sjobs@apple.com

Tom B.

15. sascha h-k macrumors 6502

sascha h-k

16. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

17. GustavPicora thread starter macrumors member

Ok guys hello all.

I have just got a call from Apple, they got my number from their database, telling that they ( din't specify if Steve Jobs) got they email and they are concern about it, but they wanted to explain me what's going on.

Basically they told me that Apple was giving the iMacs without keyboard, but it was obligation of the resellers to get the Localized keyboard and put it in. It seems the resellers weren't doing as told and Apple decided to take control over it, and from Jan 18th 2010 Apple is gonna ship all the iMacs with Keyboards (English international), and if the user wants the Localized keyboard it can ask the provider, provider contact Apple and Apple send the replacement, then provider send back English Keyboard, ( thats what I understood). But now from now on all iMacs comes with keyboard.

Then they told me they will send the missing keyboard to my address and that thye are sorry for the inconvenience but they wanted me to know that tApple concerns about this situations, thats why they took "control" again over the sales of iMacs by the resellers.

So its seems the mail came to, at least Steve Jobs Assistant. :p:p

18. MCFinn macrumors newbie

That's great news! See, now and then a single person can make a difference!

19. Pachang macrumors regular

20. GustavPicora thread starter macrumors member

yeah yeah, it is nice..