Demo 3G iPhones in Store Thursday!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spinstorm, Jul 10, 2008.

1. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I was lucky enough to go and check out my locak o2 store and was surprised to see 2 3G iPhones on display to play with!

I am surprised more people have not seen demo units yet!

My impressions?

First of I think it looks slicker and cooler than the old phone - I think white would look really good (pity I am getting black tomo lol). The plastic seems a really substantial hard layer and I think it would be very hard to scratch but nevertheless I am going to put a protective layer over it!

The phone is wider and you can notice a more substantial black border on either side of the screen which make the screen look smaller which is strange at first.

I wasn't able to test out anything else as it was in a store. I tried locate me (although there was no way GPS would work inside a shopping centre) but that didn't seem to work at all. Likewise I turned off wi-fi to try the 3G connection but again nothing happened! maybe the cellular data was turned off on the demo units.

I am very excited about tommorrow now - although I am getting it delivered I am sure loads of people will have got their phones from stores before mine is delivered!

Remmeber that the phone has to be paired with an iTunes account before you can download from the appstore so take a laptop with you if you want to use the appstore before you get home!

2. critten macrumors member

3. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

O2 store in speke liverpool retail park, had no iPhones on show, although they did have this rather messy piece of cardboard ontop of the table where the iPhones used to be.