Demo iPhone 3G in Apple stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Does anybody know when Apple will have demo versions of the iphone 3G available in the Apple stores for us to play around with? Mostly I would like to see what white looks like to help me decide if I want white or black!! :)

Thanks for any and all help!

2. iNikon macrumors member

It's a phone. What do you need to demo? LOL

3. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I also really want to decide what color also. They both are so cool I need to see them in person. Anyways, I called my Apple store and they said they had no iPhones in whatsoever, and when I called awhile ago about the macbook air they were sure to mention they had plenty of demo units but no stock.....so I am hoping they get some ASAP!

4. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

I would like to see what the white looks like in person also, but bet they won't have any units out until right before the 11th (or on the 11th) :(

5. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

Umm... 3G speeds.. GPS capabilities.. and color? Plus now it has slightly different proportions.

6. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

How you look with it ;)

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My uneducated guess, and in layman's terms: July 11, 2008 :eek:

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Well, everything I've heard says that the newer proportions lay in the hand better.

9. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

I hope that's not true! I want to play with them first!! I don't really see any reason why they wouldn't be able to have them by next week. We all know that they have at least some of them ready. It would make sense to me.

10. Fireman52SFD macrumors member

went to apple store today and they still had out 12 4gb iphones. they said they will put the new ones out on the 11th. nice people though gave me a new 16gb

11. Mad Mac Maniac thread starter macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

hmm... my hand is orgasming just thinking about it... :p:rolleyes:

12. iNikon macrumors member

Umm... color? LOL! 3G speeds will depend on where you are.

13. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Considerin gth ephone will automatically default to wifi and all apple stores have wifi, i don't see the draw of 3g being there. if you want to see how fast 3g is, go to an att store.

There's not really much to see aside from dimensions. But do thos really matter for people already intent on buying them?

Aside from that it's not like they have some revolutionary new OS or technical features that the current one does not.

14. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

I wasn't planning on purchasing the first iPhone until I saw a demo of it in the Apple store.

I believe the phone in the Apple store will be full functioning demos. The demos of the current iPhone allowed web browsing via the edge network. So, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to browse the web using 3G on demos of the new iPhone.

15. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

I still don't get why you need to see one demoed. 3G can be demoed at ATT? If you're so concerned with browsing speeds check there. Like I said it's an iphone, aside from the dimensions, the functionality is going to be exactly the same. Touchscreen and whatnot.

It's not like this is an upgrade from a 3g iPod to a video iPod.

16. MacMaad macrumors member

I think the OP was saying they'd just like to see one in person. I would, too. Things are totally different in the hand than a picture online. I also wonder if I'll like black or white better when I actually see them instore. We purchased my daughter's iPod online and bought the blue vs. green, but when we later saw the green in person we liked it better and would have chosen it if we had seen the physical product first.

Besides, when you're picking out and waiting for a new high-end device it's FUN to see the demo product.

Makes sense to me. :)

17. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

18. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I agree. I don't understand why people are attacking others for wanting to see a demo of a product before they buy it?

19. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I'd actually like to see the GPS receiving speed...The WWDC event doesn't cut it for me, since they're in a city and I'm in suburbs here. In January when they demonstrated Location Services, they got a small radius. They probably would have gotten a blue dot if it was in there. Here, the smallest we get is like half a cell tower (or a fourth). And also to the fact that my current GPS take like a good three to five minutes to get my position. hopefully A-GPS will be nice here.

But of course I'd like to see how the black and white plastic look in person. I'm still debating. While I usually say that white looks toyish (albeit it will be more uncommon than black), Apple was white before they went to aluminum (minus the black Macbook). It all depends on how they look.

20. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

You actually think there are going to be 3G iPhone demos in the store before July 11th!?

It ain't happening. You will see posters and banners in Apple and AT&T stores, but that is it.

21. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

they will indeed, the new iphones are 5 foot tall and made of cardboard. i'm not only going to demo it, i'm going to hump it too.

22. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

okkkk then.
    moving along....
    :(